When it comes to security on the web, having antivirus software is also recommended. And there is so much antivirus software available for the users, and McAfee is one of them. It is well-known antivirus software.
It protects your system from harmful viruses, spyware, malware, and other malicious applications. McAfee blocks these harmful applications to safeguard your system data and information. We usually save our personal and professional data in our system, so it is essential to protect the data, and McAfee is the best option out there. It keeps your system’s data safe and secure.
McAfee comes with remarkable features. Here are some of them.
Features of McAfee antivirus software
- Scan your system: It deep scans the system to detect viruses, and malware in the system and eliminate them.
- Anti-Theft: It keeps your file secure in digital vaults.
- Scheduled Scanning: McAfee offers you to set up periodic scanning.
- Anti-Spam: It stops junk mail and phishing attacks.
- Personal Firewall: McAfee secures the system to stay protected from hackers who can attempt to steal your system data.
Nevertheless, McAfee has amazing features to safeguard your system, but many times, its pop-ups message irritates and annoys users. While using McAfee, there are some pop-up messages and notifications that keep appearing on the screen and disturb your work. But you need not worry, as you can easily get rid of McAfee pop-ups and notifications. To work peacefully on your system, keep reading the article.
Steps to stops McAfee pop-ups
You are required to go through the given guidelines to complete the process to stop McAfee pop-ups.
First of all, you need to open McAfee by double-clicking on the icon on the desktop. You also open the software by clicking the Start button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
In the next step, you have to click on the McAfee Pop-up Blocker option listed under Properties.
Now, you need to check the box that says Enable Pop-up Blocker and then click on the OK option. By doing this, pop-ups will not appear anymore.
Next, you need to close out the application by clicking on the X in the upper right corner.
Last, you need to restart the computer so the changes can take place.
Read More About how to Stop mcafee pop ups
Active Shield Notification
In order to disable Active Shield notifications, you need to switch off the security warnings by the McAfee Security Center:
- Open McAfee Security Center, and go to the Home option.
- Under Security Center Information, click on the Configure option.
- Now, you need to click on the Advanced option.
- Select Informational Alerts, and then the Do not Show Informational Alerts option.
- Last, to keep your changes, choose OK.
Stop McAfee WebAdvisor Extension
Here are the instructions for you to get rid of the McAfee WebAdvisor Extension. Keep reading.
- First of all, launch Chrome.
- Go to the top-right corner of your screen, and click the menu option.
- Now, you need to click on the More Tools option.
- Choose Extensions.
- Lastly, you need to remove the Checkmark beside McAfee WebAdvisor.
We hope the above-mentioned steps certainly work for you. And by going through the instructions, you can easily get rid of McAfee pop-ups and notifications. But in case you are not able to fix the issue, and McAfee pop-ups keep appearing on screen, and you come across with any other McAfee error, you can contact the McAfee experts. The executives will surely fix the error with their utmost attention.