There are times when popups are annoying, but some popups are useful. Useful pop-ups might ask you to sign up for important newsletters, revert you helpful discount codes as you shop, or other things. You can easily allow pop-ups in mac and block them.
So, in this article, we will show you the proper instructions to do the same.
Steps to allow pop-ups in Safari on Mac
Allowing pop-ups in Safari for certain sites is useful. Trusted websites might send you to download consent forms, sign-ups, or limited-time offers, or other useful information via pop-ups. Also, the website request that you unblock their promotions before permitting admittance to their substance. So, here are the steps that you need to go through to allow pop-ups in Safari on Mac.
- First of all, open Safari.
- In the next step, go to the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Click on Safari.
- In the drop-down menu, locate the Preferences option and click on it.
- Now, you need to tap on the “Websites” icon.
- You need to click on the “Pop-up Windows.”
- Here, you will find the “When visiting other websites” written on your screen. Go to the drop-down menu and choose it.
- Next, click on the “Allow” option, and it will automatically save this setting.
- You can also choose “Block and Notify” in case you want to allow or block pop-ups when it shows.
Hope the steps are helpful.
Steps to allow pop-ups in Chrome on mac
- Look at the steps below if you’d like to allow pop-ups in Chrome.
- Initially, launch Chrome.
- Find the web page that you want to allow pop-ups.
- Next, go to the three horizontal bars in the top side corner of the browser toolbar.
- Here, you need to click on the “Settings” option.
- Now, Scroll down and choose the “Show advanced settings” option.
- After that, go to the Privacy section and select the Content icon.
- Once the Content setting window opens, locate the Pop-ups section.
- Tap on the Manage exceptions.
- Lastly, you need to go to the “Hostname pattern” section and choose the Paste command from the Edit menu.
- So, Click on the Paste command, and make sure the Behavior dropdown menu is set to Allow.
How to allow pop-ups in Firefox on mac
Given steps will allow you to allow pop-ups in Firefox.
- At first, start Firefox.
- Locate the web page that you want to allow pop-ups.
- In Firefox’s URL window, show the entire web address of the recent page. You need to click on the Copy command from the Edit menu.
- Now, you need to choose the horizontal bars.
- Click on the “Preferences” and then press on the Content icon.
- Hover to the Pop-ups section, and secure the Block pop-up windows checkbox is checked.
- Next, tick on the “Exceptions” option.
- Go to the Address of the website field, select the Paste command.
- To do so, right-click or choose the Edit menu and select the Paste command.
- You need to click on the Allow option.
- Lastly, select Save Changes and close all the remaining dialog boxes.
Just follow the instructions, and you are good to go.
How to allow pop-ups in Safari on iPhone and iPad
As we already mentioned that sometimes pop-ups are useful. Allowing pop-ups help you to gain much necessary information. You might also know that allowing pop-ups in Safari on iPhone and iPad is as simple as blocking it. Look at the steps for the same.
- In the starting, open the Settings app.
- Next, select Safari.
- You need to go to the Block Pop-ups and click on the Off option.
- After following the steps, you will get all the pop-ups you like. But you also need to remember that pop-ups can Safari load slower than before.
How to block Safari pop-ups on Mac
In case you want to switch back and want to block the Safari pop-ups, then go to the below-mentioned steps.
- You are required to open the Safari to start the process.
- In the next step, choose Safari on the top left corner of the window.
- Go to the drop-down menu, and select the “Preferences” option.
- Now, you need to choose the Websites tab.
- On the left side, click on the Pop-up Windows.
- Here, you will see the recent websites you’re browsing under Currently Open Websites on the right side.
- Tick the blue arrows besides to Block and Notify.
- Lastly, you need to choose the Block option.
Hope these steps are what you are looking for to allow pop-ups on your mac. Simply follow the mentioned steps, and you can allow without any disturbance.