Many people have faced error 905 when downloading apps from Google PlayStore. Downloading Error 905 can be a common error that most people can face. This error makes it difficult for users to download any apps from the PlayStore.
What is Downloading Error 905?
This error interrupts the download, and you won’t be able to download and install any apps till you get this error. Downloading error 905 occurs mostly because of corrupted data or any failed update of Google PlayStore, and this is one of the most common errors faced by Android users trying to download apps from Playstore.
If you are facing this error, then you need not worry about it. In this article, we will be discussing the most efficient fixes for the downloading error 905.
What Causes The Downloading Error 905?
There are various reasons for this error to occur. You may encounter this error due to the
corrupted data or due to failed Google PlayStore update. You may also face this error if you are
trying to download an app with a larger size. These are the most common reasons as to why you
may encounter the downloading error 905.
Fixes For The Downloading Error 905
Given below are the fixes for the downloading error 905.
Uninstall The Updates For PlayStore
The very first thing that you can try doing is uninstalling the update for PlayStore. Failed updates can be the reason why you may encounter the error.
If a PlayStore update has failed, then you may most probably encounter this error. The most common fix that you can try is uninstalling the updates for PlayStore. To uninstall the updates for PlayStore, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
- In the settings, head to the Apps section. Here you will be able to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- In the apps section, search for Google Playstore, and open it.
- When you click on Google PlayStore, you will be headed to the app info page.
- Here you will see an uninstall updates option. Click on it to uninstall updates of Google PlayStore.
- Once done, leave the settings, and launch the Google PlayStore on your phone.
- Next, you will be asked to install the update for the PlayStore. Install the update, and then restart the application.
- Ensure the installation process doesn’t get interrupted in between.
Once done, you won’t be facing the downloading error 905 anymore. You can now download the
app without facing the error. If you still face the error, then you can follow the next step.
Delete The Cached Data Of PlayStore
If uninstalling the updates didn’t fix the error for you, then you can try clearing the cache of the PlayStore. Many times the error may occur due to corrupted cached data on your device.
Cached data is stored on your device, and if you don’t clear it frequently then it may get corrupted. If you are facing the error even after uninstalling the updates, then you may try clearing the cache of the PlayStore. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Search for the apps section in the settings, and open it.
- In the apps section, you will find a list of all the applications installed on your phone. O
- Select the Google PlayStore from the list of applications.
- Here you will find the clear cache option. If the clear cache option is not available then click on storage on the same screen, and there you will find the clear cache option.
- Click on the clear cache option to clear the cache of the Google PlayStore.
- After you have cleared the cache of the PlayStore, close the settings.
- Now launch the PlayStore on your phone, and try downloading any application. You may no longer face the downloading error 905.
These are the two most common fixes that you may try to fix the error. Uninstalling the update or clearing the cache may most probably solve the problem for you.
Many times the error may occur due to temporary bugs. This may most probably be fixed by restarting the device. You may try restarting your device, and check if the error is fixed or not. We hope this article helped solve the issue that you were facing.