Avast antivirus is one of the leading free antiviruses that are out there in the current marketplace. It provides decent enough protection from malware and viruses to your computer. But like any other free stuff, Avast is the leader of the losers and hence, is a hindrance to most of its users.
this guide has all methods to help you uninstall avast and how to leave no leftover files, plugins, and extensions to give you trouble future.
Why And How do do you Remove avast
avast has many annoying features and it may get into trouble or freeze the system, this gives a lot of people a lot of reasons for kicking this antivirus out from their device and bringing in a better one. But uninstalling is quite a tricky thing to do as you would not want its existing files to meddle in or create a hindrance to the working of your new antivirus.
Even if you keep it fully installed and running, there is much software that is unable to work properly on your computer due to Avast files. But whatever the reason, if you want to uninstall Avast antivirus system from your computer, then it can be done easily with just a few steps.
If you are one of the people who want to uninstall Avast from your device for good but are unable to do it because you don’t know how to, then keep on reading this article to get to know the answer to your question.
How to uninstall Avast Antivirus from Mac?
To uninstall Avast antivirus from your Mac, all you have to do is follow the steps that are given below:
- Start by launching the finder on your mac to find the Avast app.
- After finding the app among the other programs on your Mac, click right on it and press on the run option or double click on the application’s logo. After doing so, Avast’s running screen will pop right away on the center of your pc.
- Click on the Avast Security in the top-left section of the opened window. A drop-down window will appear on the screen when you’ll do so. You’ll then have to choose the option of Uninstall Avast Security from that list.
- A confirmation video will pop up to ask you about the confirmation of your decision to take such action. Click on the Uninstall button to advance.
- After confirming it, you will be asked to enter the password of the device’s admin. This is the same password that you have to enter every time that you make any sort of changes to your device.
- After filling in this detail, click on OK.
How to uninstall avast from Windows 10?
To uninstall Avast from your computer, you just have to follow some basic ways that are stated below.
- Start by opening up the Avast program on your computer and then go to the user interface section to find the Menu button and then click on it.
- Go to the Settings option in the drop-down menu.
- After the Settings window opens, click on General Tab and then in the sub-menu, select on sub-menu to turn the self-defence mode of the system off by clicking on the checkbox near it.
- Then a warning message will pop up as the result of the attempt at disabling the self-defence module of Avast. You can simply click OK on it and then close the Avast antivirus.
- Then click on the start button to go to the settings window. Open Control Panel after navigating yourself till there. Click on the Programs option and then go to the Programs and Features option.
- Select on Avast window after finding it in the previously opened Programs and Features window.
- Click on the Uninstall option that would now have appeared. After clicking on it, the process of the uninstallation of Avast software will soon begin.
- Another configuration screen will now appear to ask for the confirmation of your decision to uninstall Avast software, you can click on it to advance. The process of uninstallation will soon begin to occur and can take some time, several minutes.
- This is because the uninstallation process will start by first finding all the Avast files that are distributed among the device’s storage and then will delete all of them.
- On the completion of this process, you will get a pop-up asking for you to restart the computer.
This is the most convenient way of getting rid of the Avast antivirus software along with all of its other related components. If this method does not work for you as many people might find it quite complex, there are other methods at our disposal as well.
Uninstall Avast with uninstall utility?
Other than the usual way of uninstalling Avast from your computer directly, the other method includes the use of a special utility that goes with the name of Avastclear. This method allows you to uninstall the Avast application and its components correctly. The method to do so is as follow:
- Download the avastclear.exe file from the official Avast website.
- Run the downloaded file by right-clicking on it and then selecting the option “Run as administrator”.
- Now, make sure to start Windows in safe mode.
- Then click on the utility and run it.
- Specify the location of the program files of Avast in the next window that opens, or instead of filling it manually, you can leave it on the Default, if the stated location is right.
- After doing so, click on Uninstall.
- The finishing of the uninstallation process might take some time, a few minutes at least. You will have to restart your computer after the uninstallation process finishes.
Uninstall Avast with third-party programs?
Aside from uninstalling Avast antivirus software from the computer with the help of your computer or Avast’s innate uninstallation features, there are also many third-party programs that allow you to uninstall Avast from your computer. One of the most used third-party programs that are used for the uninstallation of Avast is CCleaner.
The ways by which you can uninstall Avast from your computer with the CCleaner are given below:
- Select the tools section after launching CCleaner and then look for the Avast antivirus or any other Avast application in its list for the things that you can delete.
- Then click on the uninstall button that will be on the right side of the window. A confirmation window will then appear, asking you to confirm your action to uninstall Avast software along with its other components.
- The uninstallation of Avast software will start and will take some time to complete.
- After the uninstallation process finishes, restart your PC.
- After your computer restarts, run the CCleaner utility again and then click on the Registry section.
- Click on “Scan for issues” and then on “Fix selected issues”.
- Make sure to not save the backup copies of its registry changes.
- Close CCleaner.
No matter which option you choose to get rid of Avast antivirus from, all of the above-stated options will provide the same result. All three ways of uninstallation that are stated above are used the most and are considered as the most convenient ways too.