Many users have reported facing Norton Error 8504 104 whenever they try using Norton Antivirus. There can be various reasons as to why you may encounter this error. Random bugs may cause this error most commonly. Another reason for this reason to occur is corrupted installation.
Norton error 8504 104
If you tried installing a corrupted Norton antivirus program, then you may face this error as well. Moreover, if you are running any other antivirus program, on your PC, then it might as well conflict with the Norton antivirus, and cause Norton Error 8504 104
If you are facing Norton Error 8504, 104, then you need not worry about it. It is a common error that you may face with Norton. As common as the error is, easy is it fixes as well. In this article, we will be discussing how you can fix Norton Error 8504, 104.
Restart The Computer
Many times Norton Error 8504, 104 can be caused because of random bugs. If you are facing
any error, then the very first thing that you can try is restarting your computer.
Exit all the programs running on your PC, and then restart your computer. After your PC has successfully been restarted, run the Norton software, and then check if you still get the Norton Error 8504,104.
Reinstalling The Norton
If restarting your PC doesn’t solve the issue for you, then you can simply try reinstalling the
program. You can try using the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool to uninstall the Norton, and
then install the Norton product again.
To uninstall the Norton product using the Norton Remove
and Reinstall tool, follow the steps given below-
- login to the antivirus software from norton account.
- Firstly download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool on your PC.
- Once you are done with downloading the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool, install it on your PC.
- When you run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool, you will be asked to agree with the license agreement.
- Once done, click on the advanced options.
- After doing so, click on remove only, and then click on remove. This will remove the Norton program from your PC.
- Now click on restart now to restart your PC.
- After your PC has restarted, you will be given certain on-screen instructions, which you can follow to reinstall Norton.
here is the complete guide on Norton.com/setup and installation.
Remove Any Other Antivirus Program
If you have any other antivirus program installed on your PC, then it may conflict with the Norton
product on your PC. This is the reason why you may encounter Norton Error 8504, 104. Prefer
uninstalling any antivirus or antimalware program uninstalled on your PC apart from the Norton
- In the start menu, search for Control Panel and then open it.
- Head to the programs section in the Control Panel.
- Now select any antivirus program on your PC apart from Norton product.
- .Right-click on it, and then click on uninstall the program.
- Once the Antivirus program or the antimalware program has been uninstalled, restart your PC to save all the changes that you made.
After restarting your PC, try running the Norton product on your PC again. This should most probably fix the error code that you were facing.
Do remember that, many times not only antiviruses but other software may conflict with the Norton product, thus causing the Norton Error 8504, 104.
If you started facing the error after installing any program on your PC, then uninstall that program, and check whether the issue persists or not.
These were some troubleshooting methods to help you fix the issue. Follow the steps mentioned in this article to fix the Norton Error 8504, 104. We hope this article helped solve the issue you were facing.