Yahoo search is the leading search engine used after the Google search and bing search. Yahoo search is a reputed and trusted search engine of yahoo however, many cybercriminals or browser hijackers direct users’ queries to yahoo search. Yahoo search is also used as an adware virus, trojans, etc.
The browser hijackers and the installation of yahoo extension can be the reason behind this problem. These browser hijackers can automatically install the freeware applications in the system without the user’s permission. It also sets the search powered by yahoo page as the homepage, new tab URL of the browser. Please Understand that Its not some Program Only its Used as Extension. Like you Can Uninstall Avast Antivirus but Avast Secure Browser will be there similarly this yahoo search sticks to Your Browser.
Yahoo search browser hijackers or search powered by yahoo programs are usually bundled with freeware programs. Users should avoid to install programs and software in the system from trusted resources. Users can also make use of powerful antivirus to prevent the system from browser hijackers.Google is the default search engine in the google chrome web browser. It is very annoying when your query automatically redirected to the yahoo search. User can remove the yahoo from their web browser to get relief from the browser hijackers. This article consists of the detailed steps to remove yahoo search, yahoo toolbar from the google chrome. Users can refer to this article to remove yahoo from Google chrome.
Removing yahoo search from Google Chrome:
Users can refer to the procedures given below to completely remove yahoo from chrome.
- Remove the Yahoo extension:
Users can remove yahoo extension from Google chrome by executing the following steps sequentially.
- Open the Chrome menu and go to more tools option.
- Select extensions.
- It will display the list of browser extensions on-screen, search for yahoo extension.
- Click on the remove button to delete the yahoo extension from the google chrome.
Users should restart the chrome browser after removing the yahoo extension from the google chrome. Users can also delete the unwanted browser extensions from the list to boost browser performance.
- Change the chrome homepage:
Users can change the homepage settings of Google chrome by referring to the steps provided below.
- Go to the Chrome Menu( customize and control google chrome).
- Select the settings option from the context menu.
- Look for the start-up sections and check whether browser hijacker page like (http://www.search.yahooo.com) is set as your home page. Remove such malicious entry and set your homepage.
Browser hijackers made the little modifications in the link and used phishing to create adware so, users should mention the homepage link without any spelling mistake. learn all about How to remove apps from mac computer.
- Change the search engine settings of Chrome:
If yahoo is set as the default search engine of google chrome then, the user can change the default search of chrome by following the given steps.
- Go to the Chrome menu (three-dot icon) located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click on the settings from the context menu and go to the search engine section in the settings window.
- Click on the manage search engine option. Users can see the various search engine option on the screen, select appropriate search engine for chrome. Google is the default and most used search engine of the chrome web browser.
Reset Chrome to default settings:
User can also reset their chrome to default settings to resolve the problem. Here are the steps to reset the google chrome settings.
- Click on the Chrome menu( three-dot icon in the top right corner).
- Go to settings option and then select advance from the bottom of the screen.
- Look for the reset settings option and click on the Reset settings to their original default option.
- Click on the reset button to confirm the same.
- Restart Google chrome.
In this way, the user can reset their google chrome.
Uninstalling Yahoo search toolbar:
Users can uninstall the yahoo related programs from the control panel. Users can use the steps given below to uninstall yahoo search-related programs from the control panel.
- Open the control panel by going start-> control panel.
- Click on the link uninstall a program link under the programs and features section. Users can also open the same page by entering appwiz.cpl in the Run window and press enter.
- It will display the list of install programs in the system. Users can locate the yahoo related and suspicious program entry in the list.
- Click on that entry and follow on-screen instructions to uninstall it. Users should carefully read and follow on-screen instructions.
- Restart the system
Delete the chrome system preferences file from the system:
Users can delete system preferences of google chrome from the system. Here are the steps to delete the system preferences file.
- Close the google chrome.
- Go to the path C:/Users/ Username/ AppData/ Local/ Google/ Chrome/ UserData/ Default. User should replace the username by the system username in the path.
- Look for a secure preferences file. It is a good idea to make a copy of the file in a safe location before updating it.
- Open the file in the notepad.
- Search for ‘new_tab_url’
- Look for the value of new_tab_url, it might be like some URL like http://www.Us.search.yahoo.com.
- Users can change it to the new tab URL which users want to set for their browser.
Reinstall Google chrome:
If the user still facing the same problem of the browser then, the user can uninstall google chrome and install it in the system again. Users can use the steps provided here to reinstall google chrome.
- Go to the start-> control panel.
- Click on uninstall a program link under the programs.
- It will open the list of installed applications. Click on the google chrome from the list.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to uninstall google chrome.
- Restart the system.
Once google chrome is uninstalled from the system, the user can download and install google chrome again.We hope, the user successfully removes the yahoo from chrome by referring to this article. There are several third-party malware remediation tools available online which automatically scans web browser and remove the yahoo search from them. Users can also make use of such applications for deleting yahoo search from chrome.